Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Horse Show

I know I haven't finished my Horse Fair story yet, but I will get to it... eventually!  I've been pretty busy in the mean time.  I've got horses in for training and I am thankful for the income since I am still seeking a teaching position.  I have heard that there are 4 retirements in the Art department in the district I would like to teach in so hopefully I will have a good chance at picking up a position in the Fall.

This weekend I went to a horse show with a pony that I've been training for quite some time now.  He is under 13 hands so he is quite small, but he packs me around just fine.  His owner is the perfect size for him though.

I have been working on reining with him since he seems to have some talent for it (for a pony!).  We have our basics down pretty good and now we've just got to work on refining the maneuvers.  I did my first reining class with him at the show on Sunday.  We did NRHA reining pattern number 4.


The judge was quite generous with our score.  She gave us a 70, but I would say we were probably more deserving of a 63-65.  Either way, we were very correct in the execution of the pattern, but we did simple changes and our spins could have been better.  Our rollbacks could have been a little cleaner as well.  I was very happy with the way things went though and Cinco had a good experience that will help him in the future.

Here is a video with some clips from our pattern as well as the trail course we did.  Enjoy!

No comments: