Saturday, January 28, 2012

More Mustangs

If you're looking for a place to find more mustangs competing in the Makeover, here is a link to the facebook page I created for the competition.


I will try to get some links up to trainer's blogs and personal pages on my sidebar later today.

I woke up at 3 and couldn't fall back to sleep, so I went out to check on Oakley. I was a little discouraged yesterday when I left her without being able to slip a halter on. So many of the other trainers were able to accomplish that right away. Of course one of my goals was to not worry about the progress of others, only my own, but it's hard not to. So this morning I decided to work Oakley in her stall instead of the larger arena. I had more success this way even though it can be intimidating to work with such a large animal in such a small space. I was able to rub her shoulder, neck, and head from both sides and get a halter on. I didn't attempt to rub her hip, that will come. I was also able to remove some of the burrs from her mane. The burrs in her forelock will have to wait though. I was out there for about an hour before I decided we had made the progress I was hoping for.

Oakley in her halter!

1 comment:

Cheryl Ann said...

I'm going to follow your progress and I asked to join your facebook page! I have two mustangs myself and mine are (finally!) being saddle trained. Can't wait for this summer to ride them!