Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Counting Down the Days

Well, only 10 more days. I can't even begin to describe my excitement! I am still apprehensive about getting my hopes up too high. I worry about things. I don't want a big horse. I don't care about color, though I wouldn't mind something dark. I hope that my horse is sound and healthy. A good mind would be appreciated as well.

There is also the question of income. My last unemployment check will be the week after I pick up my horse. I won't get benefits once I complete my certification. I will be able to substitute teach, but I'm not sure what districts I'll be able to get into. I have a lot on my mind, needless to say. I suppose I just have to have faith that things will happen the way they do for a reason... that's never been a problem for me in the past.

Enough about those worries. I have been thinking up names for quite some time now. Originally I planned to name the mustang after another artist (like Remington). Once I learned it would be a mare, my selection of recognizable artists was depleted to only a few. I thought about calling her Frida, after Frida Kahlo. Then I thought about naming her "The Surrealist" and calling her "Surry" or "Dream". Next I thought about the art of music. Maybe calling her "Lyric". Lately though I've been thinking of naming her after Annie Oakley. My uncle does cowboy action shooting in his spare time and he's been teaching me about guns and shooting. I want to get my mustang to the point where I can shoot off of her. Annie's nickname was "Little Sure Shot". I like that name. I would call her Oakley. It all depends though. Just like with Remington, her name will come to me when I see her.



5 comments:

aurora said...

I bet you are excited. Good naming thought process. Curious who else is returning/training, hope they release that info sooner then later. Best of luck, hope you get a good match!!

Danielle Barlow said...

Good luck!

Joel said...

I found your blog by accident but have thoroughly enjoyed reading it. You have very sound and useful advice and articulate your thoughts very well. I am sorry you don't live in Australia or I might ask if you gave lesssons. All the best, Joel.

Kara said...

Hi Jessie! Best of luck when you pick up your horse this weekend! I can't wait for pics! Do you know if there is a list somewhere with photos of each horse that will be available for adoption at the event? Maybe it will be available after everyone picks up their horses? It's nice to "know" the horses beforehand to know who to root for.

Jessie said...

Aurora, Danielle, and Joel, thank you all for the well wishes! I hope you all continue to follow along. Kara, I do not know if there will be a central location to see all the horses, but I will do my best to compile a list of all the sites and blogs of other trainers in the competition. I also know many more of the trainers this time around, so I can keep updates going on others as well as myself! Thanks for following!!