Monday, January 17, 2011

A late post for a new year

I am on my last day of winter break... sure seemed like it went by fast. I did a whole lot of nothing, which is kind of disappointing, but it was nice to relax. Now I'll be heading back to school tomorrow with new classes and another semester full of deadlines... Deadlines are the one thing I never missed about school. Oh well, it will be worth it in the end.

Enough rambling! Sheesh! So, I have been continuing my dressage quest with Remington. We are going to do the breed demo for the horse fair again this year. I am planning on riding dressage since it will give a little diversity to our group!

Steffen Peters is also going to be at the horse fair and he is taking applications to be in his clinic demo. I am thinking of applying because he is looking for training level through PSG. I have to send in a 5 - 10 minute video of me and my horse walk/trot/canter. I tried to get one this weekend, but unfortunately it turned out a bit shaky since Kate's horse would not stand still. So, I am thinking next week I will try again... I should try to find some more flattering breeches in the mean time. Haha. Cream is so not my color.... oh well.

Anyway, here is the video of me riding Rem, if you're interested in seeing how he's going.


3 comments:

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Best of luck in getting picked. That would be really fun.

aurora said...

Hey, Rem looks great. The random spook 1,2,3 cracked me up! Seriously the breeches look fine, but yea if you can get a quieter video it would be better to submit. Hope you get selected, I will try to be there to watch you & Rem!

Rising Rainbow said...

I have trouble even uploading vieo let along editing with a countdown for random shying. You made me laugh there. I see what you mean about too much movement from the camera. Probably is wise to reshoot something for him. Good luck. I hope you get picked that would be most cool!