Thursday, October 14, 2010

Dressage Lessons

So my dressage lessons are going well. I've taken two so far, and I think this is something I can really enjoy with Rem. I am already seeing improvement in the way he accepts the bit. The biggest thing I need to work on is keeping him forward in the trot, and focusing on my own position as I ride. I need to find someone to take some photos of my rides! Here is a pic of Rem in his new bridle...

.

Sunday was Hagmania, the fun show I attend every year. I brought Rem and Risk for my lesson girl to ride. Rem and I got third in Egg and Spoon. He did really well, I was proud of him. My lesson girl and I did the ribbon race together, we ended up placing third in that as well. I was pretty proud of her and my horses, we did what most teams had a lot of trouble with, we kept the ribbon intact!

Just wanted to give an update on my lessons, like I said I would. I'll have to check in later this weekend for a more in depth update on my horses :) Enjoy your weekend!

3 comments:

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Those game shows are harder than they look! But a lot of fun. I love any of the games. Good job!

Jacob said...

Nice Blog! You must have a great life. What many would only dream of living like you do.

nikki said...

Those fun shows always sound like a blast. Love all the updates with Rem and the dressage training. You two look great!!

I nominated you for the "Stylish Blogger Award". I always love reading your blog and have enjoyed following along with you and Rem. :)