Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Flirt

Well, again it's been so long since I've posted, but here I am. I have been so stressed out lately, but I'm hoping things will get easier for me by the end of the month. Hopefully then I'll be all registered for classes... School is the biggest stress I've got right now, besides the whole trying to live off of unemployment. Heh, oh well. Things will work out, they always do.

Anyway, on to my horses! They are all doing well despite the heat and bugs. I am taking it easy on them because I'm not a fan of the August weather. Not only do my allergies act up, but the mosquito population seems to explode about this time of year. All the rain we've had doesn't help the situation. I am actually looking forward to the Fall weather, but then again, Winter is soon to follow, and that season seems to take so long! Oh well, I always have the Midwest Horse Fair to look forward to in April, that seems to get me through the Winter just fine. The Wind Rider Challenge is coming back to the horse fair this year. I have thought about applying with Remington, but then again, I think back to the Mustang Challenge, and I don't really like to be on stage (by myself) with tons of onlookers. The breed demo is nice because I get to ride with everyone else, being singled out isn't really my thing.

Wow, I am all over the place today, as far as subject matter. Notice the title of this post? I was going to talk about Flirt! Haha, so here I go... She is doing really well, big surprise, seems like I say that every time I talk about her! I took her out on the trails last week with Aubrey (she's home for the month of August) and she did really well. Flirt lead the whole way, and we even did some loping on the trail. It was really fun. Eric was a good sport and he tagged along on Risk. They are really getting along good. It's so nice to have a horse that I can put anyone on and not have to worry about a thing. Flirt has the potential to be that kind of horse. Rem, I sometimes worry about with beginners, just because he will react a little quicker if he does get spooked.

Well here are a few photos of me and Flirt from the other night. She looks like a real horse now :-) Hope you all enjoy the rest of your week! I'm sure I'll have more photos to post soon.


2 comments:

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

You two look good!

Paint Girl said...

Flirt looks really good! You are doing fantastic with her!