Thursday, April 1, 2010

New Kids


So, for those of you wondering about the horses pictured in yesterday's post, I'll tell you about them. One of them belongs to my friend. She's keeping her at the barn to get her started under saddle. The small indoor arena is a great place to start colts. Her name is Parleigh, she is a 3 year old Quarter Horse, though she doesn't have papers. She is the red dun with the big diamond star and snip.

The other horse is my project for the summer. I may have been a little foolish in buying a 3rd horse while I don't have a job, but I've had an itch to start another colt for quite some time. She is a 3 year old Appaloosa filly. Her registered name is Flirtini, but I'm calling her Flirt. The big plan is to train her and re-sell her, but that is a risky thing right now in the horse business, hopefully I can pull it off. She hasn't had any training other than being a pasture pet for 3 years. She seems to catch on quickly though. She is on the skinny side so I really need to work on fattening her up.

Anyway, I've been spending most of my time out at the barn, working with my own horses. I'm also riding a few horses for a friend of mine. She just had knee surgery and she wanted someone to condition her horses for her trip to South Dakota. They do a lot of riding there, so her horses need to be in shape.

Well, today is going to be the warmest day of the year so far, so I'm going to head out and enjoy it! Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday!

3 comments:

aurora said...

Your project sounds like a good plan to me. You've got the time right now, and a well trained good looking horse will always be marketable (in my humble opinion). They look like they are related, and both cute!

Cheryl Ann said...

They are both very cute horses! Can't wait for updates!

Paint Girl said...

What a great idea! I love projects, but I never have time for them!! It'll be fun seeing the progress of Flirt!