Friday, April 23, 2010

Flirt Update




I finally got around to my Flirt update that I promised. She is coming along just fine, I really couldn't ask for more. For the most part I am asking her to just stay between my reins and my legs, but I think soon she'll be ready to start collecting up. She gave me quite a bit of trouble with her left lead the first few times we cantered, but she got over that after I went back to the basics and made her move her hips away from my leg. She is a smart girl and once a lesson is learned she really retains it. I am doing a few of the techniques I learned in my lessons to teach her how to spin, and she is pretty good at that too. She always keeps her feet moving for me, which is where Remington had trouble. He is so lazy compared to Flirt!

Well maybe next week I'll get some video up so you can see how far she's come. Hope you all have a great weekend!


2 comments:

aurora said...

Glad your having fun with Flirt, and she's responding well. Great pics!

Rising Rainbow said...

Sounds like Flirt is doing great!