Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Brr!

Me and Risk at Gibbs Lake (taken Monday)

I thought the cold weather was done with... but alas, they are calling for snow tonight! Sheesh... I wish the weather would just make up it's mind! Oh well. It's not supposed to stick, so I'll just have to deal with it.

Since it rained all day, I stayed inside for most of the day and did some things I'd been putting off. My room is clean now! How nice! The afternoon rolled around and I'd had enough of being inside so I decided to head to the barn, if only just to brush off my horses. I got Rem brushed and then decided I'd go ahead and ride Flirt in the small indoor arena. She has really come around and now she walks right up to me when I go to catch her... That's one of the things I've always taken pride in. My horses always come to me when I go out to catch them. I've never had to hide a halter behind my back when it came to Risk and Rem. I'm glad Flirt has decided that she enjoys our time together.

I didn't really do anything new with Flirt today, but I did get to work her through some distractions, so that was good. Kate came over with her other colt, Torque, so Flirt was quite interested in keeping an eye on them and not necessarily me. She wasn't distracted to the point where she was being unruly, but she definitely wasn't giving me 100% of her attention. She was good though, us women are much better at multitasking than men, so I called it quits and let Kate and Torque use the arena.

After the horses were fed and put away I went to a friend's house for dinner. Boy am I ever stuffed! Steak, onions & mushrooms, cheese curds, green beans, and Hershey PIE! Probably not one of my best ideas to eat all that in one sitting... it was SO good though! I've got to watch it or I'm going to gain back all that weight that I lost! I sure hope I know better than to get back to that point. I learned my lesson the first time! Anyway, enough babbling! Here's hoping for warm weather again! Good night, everyone.


No comments: