Monday, March 8, 2010

Mud!


I'm not going to complain about the 40+ degree weather we've been having... but the mud is a little discouraging. I want so bad to go out and ride, but I don't have a sandy arena to ride in, just grass pastures that I don't want to mark up. So, I've been confined to rides down the driveway. Not exactly the kind of riding I want to do, but for now it will have to do.


We had our first practice for the Mustang breed demo for the Midwest Horse Fair on Sunday. So, I did get to ride in a nice big indoor, which was nice. We are playing horse soccer for the demo. We've got a lot of work to do and only 2 more practices, so hopefully we can pull it off. Our demo times are on Saturday at 4:50p.m., right before the Liberty presentation and then on Sunday at 9:40a.m. Pretty good time slots. There will be a lot of people in the coliseum on Saturday, should be interesting... Hopefully things will dry out and I'll be able to ride and practice outside in the pasture soon.


Today is the start of my last week of employment where I currently work. I am more excited than sad. I am ready to move on and I am bored out of my mind here, so hopefully this week goes by fast!

2 comments:

Paint Girl said...

I didn't realize at first that this was you, you changed your blog name and look. I really like it!!
I hear you on the mud. We are drowning in it. I have an arena, but it doesn't have sand footing yet, so it can get pretty slippery. I can't wait for spring and summer, when I can do lots of riding!
Have fun this weekend!

aurora said...

I was wondering what Mustang showtimes were @ Fair. Would be fun to watch a good game of soccer - will try to make the Sat game.