Monday, March 15, 2010

First Day of Unemployment

So, today is officially my first day of unemployment. I'm really not upset at all. I'm thankful for the break, to be honest. I'm looking at this as more of an opportunity rather than a setback.

I made it through my busy weekend okay, and now I've got quite the week ahead of me. I have to leave for the barn at 8:30 to meet the vet for vaccinations this morning. Then I'm headed to Milwaukee to help out my boyfriend. He's a hair stylist and he's doing a perm class and he needed a model. I volunteered. I've never had a perm before, so this should be interesting...

Tomorrow I've got my meeting in the morning and then I think I'll head out to the barn to practice some horse soccer. I bought a big exercise ball, though I'm sure it's not as big as the ball we use during practice. It should do the trick though...

Speaking of practice, it's going well. Our group starts out practicing by dribbling the ball from one end of the arena to the other and passing it off to another player. Then we practiced taking the ball up the middle and stealing/defending it from another player. Finally, we put it all together and practice a real game. I think the demo should go pretty smoothly. Cindy took some photos from the practice yesterday.

Caution tape curtain - Rem makes a good curtain-holder.

Remington and I watch Tracy and Stacey kick the ball.

Rem lets me dribble the ball, I think he wants to play basketball instead...

Well that's about all I've got to say for now! Have a good Monday!!

8 comments:

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Rem is very cool about all those SCAREY things, isn't he? Sounds like fun.

kel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kel said...

I can't figure out who kicks the ball, you or the horse! Can you explain horse soccer to me? If I lived closer I would definately come watch the exhibition.

Jessie said...

Kel, the horse kicks the ball in horse soccer. It is a penalty if the rider uses his or her foot to move the ball intentionally. I'll try to get some video the next time we play for everyone to see!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

I take it you were laid off? I love that feeling of freedom after I get laid off. It's something I've experienced many times.

Shannon said...

I love the pics, so glad I posted them last night for you to steal...:)See you this weekend.

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

What fun! I can't wait to see some video!

Paint Girl said...

It is always sad to have a last day of work, but then again it is kind of exciting. I went through alot of emotions when my company went out of business after 18 yrs of employment. It was actually a blessing for me, now I am working with horses everyday as my job and loving every minute of it!
That would be quite interesting, playing soccer on horseback, not too sure how my Arab would do though!
Would love to see video of it!