Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Waiting for Spring

It's a hard thing to do, you know.

I keep thinking that I can smell Spring coming... but then we get snow. So, I do my best to ignore it, but it's hard when my fingers and toes get cold. Not to mention the woolly mammoths I call my horses haven't even begun to shed out. So I just have to be patient. I am getting good at that in my old age (I'm 25 now).


I've been riding sporadically. Mostly on the weekends. I like to ride outside and by the time I get done with work during the week, it's dark out. Although, we did get a new load of sand for the small arena. There isn't much I can do in there though, other than ride in circles. I can't wait until the days get longer!

I have 2 and a half weeks of work left. March 12th is my last day. I can't wait. It's like being back in school again, waiting for Summer Vacation... except that in school I didn't have to worry about bills and money. But I'm trying to ignore that issue... at least for a while. Procrastination is what I do best. In fact... I'm doing it right now! So, I better get back to work, I will leave you with a picture of me and Remington, doing our best to pretend it's Spring time.


3 comments:

Linda said...

Welcome back! We've had an odd February here--it's like spring already. Weird! Hope you get some of our warm weather!

Pony Girl said...

Great news! Glad to see you back. Rem looks good and fuzzy! Spring will be here soon....I know we've had the mildest winter ever, but I'm ready for trail riding season!!

Jennifer said...

Come and Get it... =)

http://hunterintraining.blogspot.com/2010/02/and-awards-go-to.html