Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Staying Busy

Friday afternoon I ended up going out to eat with some friends for a late lunch. We had lots of fun and the food was really good. After we ate, we decided it was appropriate to go on a little trail ride, so we picked up Kate's 2 old mares and Rem and Risk and headed over to my house to ride down the farm lane. It was a really relaxing ride, but Remington doesn't walk fast enough to keep up with the mares, so we just hung back and enjoyed the breeze. It really was a beautiful day out.

After the ride, I decided I really didn't want to go home and sit all night, and Traci had free passes to the fair so we decided to go. We didn't get there until it was getting dark, so we walked around looking at the art projects and then went to get food. I had a baked potato... it was pretty good, but I've had better. Then we went to look at the goats, they are always fun. One of them grabbed some of my hair and started to chew... I suppose it was my fault for getting so close.

After the goats it was time for some mini donuts... mmmm. Those are the best!

I still wasn't ready to go home after the fair so we went to the bar and we had a drink... Well, I had 1, Traci had 2 or 3. By the time I got home I was pretty tired and ready for bed, so I didn't even have time to think about my problems :-)

Saturday I was supposed to pack... guess what didn't happen! I didn't get any packing done :-( I don't even remember what I did... We went out again Saturday night, but I didn't have much fun. I just got upset that I was out while Joe was at home, so Kate was nice enough to take me back to my car that I left at her house, so I could go home. I stayed up late watching Joe play World of Warcraft, how very exciting, huh? Yes, I am a dork... but Joe is a bigger dork, so it's okay.

Sunday morning I got up way too early. The lesson was at 10, so I wanted to be up at 8, but I woke up at 6 instead. So, I took the dogs out to the barn and played with them. I was to the lesson about 45 minutes early. We worked more on lead changes. Remington was being a complete BUTT and wouldn't take the left lead. Instead of moving his hip over when I applied my right leg, he was bowing around my leg and taking the right lead. I had worked on this so much in the past few weeks, so I was really frustrated. I just had to quit and take a break because I was getting so upset, and you can't be in that frame of mind when working with horses. At the end of the lesson I stayed behind and got him to take the left lead. It's a lot easier when no one is watching you... Oh well, just gives me more to work on. He was doing the same thing today when I rode him, but I got him over it... again.

Anyway, Andy did tell me that he could see a big improvement in Rem's footwork for the spin. That made me happy.

Well I guess I should get back to work. Though I am having a hard time seeing the point... I have Thursday and Friday off so I can move, and I might only work a half day tomorrow because I really have a lot to do. So, not sure if I'll have much time to blog this week, hope you all have a good one!

No comments: