Monday, July 27, 2009

Weekend happenings

I keep thinking it's Saturday night... it's actually Monday morning now, what a crock. Saturday I spent much of the day packing after driving around to several grocery stores to try and get boxes. I am having a hard time with this, but I'm trying not to be so sad. I know in the back of my mind that I won't feel this way forever, but it's hard not to think that this horrible feeling will never go away.

I'm not even mad at Joe, because I know what it's like to be homesick. It was hard enough for me to live 4 hours away when I went to college, I can't imagine living 23 hours away. I am just going to enjoy the 2 weeks I have left with him for what it is.

Saturday night I went out with some friends and had a good time. We started out the night with dinner at a nice little roadhouse. It was really good... and I just remembered I have leftovers in the fridge!! mmm.... midnight snack... Anyway, after dinner we headed down the road to a bar that happened to have a mechanical bull. Just about everyone in our group got on and rode it, so it was a pretty good time. I had to have a drink before getting on that thing, considering I try to avoid things that intentionally try to throw me to the ground, but it was pretty fun. I can't say that I'd ever want to do it again though, once is enough for me! I'll stick to Mustangs and bucking Appaloosas, thank you! I saw another good friend of mine out at the bar so it was good to catch up with her, too. Jelaine really wanted to dance, so we headed to another bar that had a band playing. Turns out they were playing music that wasn't that easy to dance to, so I watched a game of pool and then we headed home. I'm not one to go out very often, but I had a good time and I'm glad I was invited.

I got back around 1 in the morning and was in bed by about 2. We had a lesson without horses Sunday morning at 9. We watched a video and went over the rule book. I wished I wasn't so tired! I still got some pretty good information, though, and a better understanding of all the things you can lose points for!

After the lesson I headed over to Steve's house for team roping. Bill brought Brady along for me to ride. I was no good today. The only thing I caught all afternoon was a front leg, how pathetic! I just couldn't seem to get the rope where it needed to be. I think I'll just blame it on the rope... makes me feel a little better.

I was supposed to go to my step mom's family picnic, but I just wasn't feeling well enough to be around so many people. Especially when I knew I'd be getting all kinds of questions about my current situation. I don't want to talk about it with anyone right now, I guess this blog is a good enough way for me to vent my feelings at the moment.

I sure am glad I'm back on my 2nd shift hours starting tomorrow... there's no way I'd be ready to work by 10am. I should probably ride one of my horses tomorrow morning, considering they both had the weekend off. I think the pasture will be dry enough to work on loping and leads with Remington... He's gotten so sticky about picking up his left lead...

Anyway, I also wanted to say thanks for the comments, I really appreciate them. I think I'm going to go re-heat my leftovers and then head to bed. I hope you all have a happy Monday... as happy as Monday's can be, anyway. :)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Enjoy your leftovers :-)