Friday, July 31, 2009

I'm just going to laugh...

Because sometimes that's all you can do to keep from crying.

I got called in to work early for a company meeting at 1. The vice president of the company was there to tell us that they were considering closing our facility. They kept saying a decision hadn't been made yet because they have to discuss it with Union officials first. That's standard procedure though, I'm pretty sure their mind is made up...

They told us we could all go home early... SCORE! I was only there for 45 minutes :-)

Anyway, what a great way to start the weekend, huh? I can't decide if I should be happy because I got the day off, or sad because I will be jobless before long... so I'm going to go with happy, and enjoy the rest of the day. I think I'll start looking for a new job next week....

Anyway, have a great weekend everyone! I'll be sure to let you know how my lesson goes

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Holy crap Poo hon... I do hope it's a false alarm and your job stays open..

And if not, I hope something even bigger, badder, and better rolls out a big fluffy red carpet for you..

Stupid saying.. but.. When God closes the door, Look for a window even if it's only cracked open. =)

Amanda said...

I say be happy you got the day off :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow.
Man, I'm sorry Jessie. It's been a rough time for you lately. =(

I'm with Jennifer and hope it's a false alarm. But if it happens and you wanna come hang out with a fellow unemployed person, just let me know. =)

Amanda V.

Tracey said...

Chin up, girlfriend. I'll second the closed door, open window sentiment. Sometimes it's hard to find that window, but it's there waiting for you.

In the meantime, enjoy your ponies and see if you can work off those reining lessons!

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Awww, been there!!
It's hard, but it usually ends up for the better in the looooong run so just hang tough and keep smilin'. Maybe, go for a ride because it's a beautiful day outside!