Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I am a dork






And, as you can see... So are my dogs! So it's okay, we're one big, happy, dorky family. So... I am going to see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince tonight... yep, the midnight showing. And, if Aubrey hadn't come home today I'd be going by myself. Aubrey's Grandma passed away last night, so Aubrey is home again for a few days. She agreed to go with me to see the movie tonight. I really love Harry Potter, I'm not going to lie... I have the audio books and I listen to them over and over again at work. When the 7th book came out, Joe and I went to the bookstore at midnight to pick up our reserved copy. I don't have book releases to look forward to anymore, just movies. Of course they aren't as good as the books, but they are at least getting better as they go along.

Anyway, enough about my dorkish obsession with Harry Potter... This blog is about horses gosh darnit! I have been getting short rides in after work. The bugs are too bad to do much and the only way to keep them off of us is to keep moving, so Rem gets his workout and then we call it a night. His transitions are really coming along good. There is a show in August at the fairgrounds that I want to go to. I'd like to do the horsemanship class with him. And maybe another walk/trot class :-) I'll probably take Riskie for showmanship, too. Remington is not a showmanship horse... and I don't plan on making him one.

I braided his mane yesterday, and I banged his tail. I was afraid of cutting it too short, so I didn't cut above his fetlocks, but I think it turned out okay. I am not sure if I can really see that big of a difference, but that's okay... I've never done that before so I just wanted to see if it was something I'd like. I don't want his tail to look fake either...



Well, I am going to get a short nap in before I go pick Aubrey up for the show.
Enjoy this cute picture of Remington.


2 comments:

Paint Girl said...

Rem is looking beautiful, as always! Caper looks so much like Bailey, I swear they could be related!
And there is nothing wrong with being a dork, or having dorky dogs! I love Aussie's and their personalities, that is why I love the breed so much. Dorkiness and all!

Tracey said...

Hope you enjoyed your movie, Jess! Yes, your dogs are definitely dorkie. They have that dorkie pup eye, lol...I've not quite noticed that look on you, thankfully!