Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sunday's Lesson



Aubrey and Chocolate, Me and Rem

Sunday morning was the group lesson. Aubrey really liked the lesson she took back over Thanksgiving break so she wanted to come along again. There were quite a few new people at the lesson, and the most we've ever had at one so it was a little more disorganized than usual. The levels of horse and rider were so different so it was a little hard finding something we could all work on. We mostly just worked on transitions like at the last lesson.

Aubrey got some really good insight into why her pony looks collected, but feels heavy. Chocolate is quite the mustang... she is pretty much all pony as far as her attitude. When she drops the attitude and really tries for Aubrey, they make a great team. I saw some really nice moments during the lesson that made Chocolate look like a miniature reining horse.

Remington had some really nice walk to lope transitions that made me happy. It really isn't an easy thing for them to do. I think I'm ready to start slowing his lope down and collecting him more... maybe at next year's June show I'll stick around for the afternoon Western pleasure classes :-) Who knows... maybe by the August show I'll have him ready to do a pleasure class.

I still can't decide if that walk/trot class was a fluke or not... I never thought we'd get 1st against those nice Quarter Horses...

I don't have much planned for this week as far as horse stuff goes. I think I will give both horses a break... at least until the end of the week. They both worked hard for me this weekend.

Saturday I might go trail riding with Jess, depending on the weather. I would like to take Risk, but if we go somewhere with rocky trails I'll probably have to take Rem... Riskie's hooves are flaring out pretty bad. I will probably have to put a set of shoes on her next time the farrier is out. I thought once Luna was sold my farrier bill would go down... I think it's going to go up if I have to put shoes on!! Oh well... that's the way it goes I guess.

We were able to get a wagon load of our hay on Sunday night when they started baling it. I'm going to have to pick the rest up this Sunday. At least when I put hay up I don't feel bad about not going to the gym... The weight loss thing is going okay. I am still losing, slowly but surely. The hardest part is not over-eating when we have potlucks at work. The desserts just sit there all day, calling my name... *sigh*

Okay this post is getting random and off-topic... maybe because it's 2 in the morning? Why am I not sleeping!?! Okay I am going to shut the computer and turn out the light and hope that when I wake up it's Friday... hahahaaaa, yeah right... well, have a good week everybody.


2 comments:

Paint Girl said...

I love that first picture of you and Rem loping! I totally hear you on the loping thing, I am just working on the loping, and the collection can come later!
Speaking of being up late, I am also up at 2 a.m.!?! What the heck am I doing? I need to get to bed, horses to ride tomorrow!

Tracey said...

You and Rem are looking good, Jess!

Dessert? There's dessert sitting on your countertop?