Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Stormy Wednesday

It's been threatening to rain and storm all day, and it finally decided to let loose as I was driving home from work. I was hoping it would hold off so I could at least get the dogs out to the barn for a little bit, but that didn't happen. I decided I should really get to the gym, because I haven't gone since Saturday, so I went and rode the stationary bike for half an hour. I don't like going when there's so many people there, so I didn't want to hang around for long. I have lost six pounds since April 25th, so I am excited that what I am doing is working. Hopefully I can stick with it.

Caper is very afraid of storms, so he was happy to see me when I got home. He hasn't left my side all night. It is calming down now though, so hopefully he won't stay too stressed out about it.


Caper, happy in this picture because the weather is nice!

Winter is so long that I forget the things I don't care for about Summer... The bugs have been bad lately. Especially the ones that bite the horse's ears. Aubrey learned about parasites last semester, so she was telling me the names of all the different pesky flies, but I forgot them already. All I know is that they're a pain in the butt!!!

Aubrey went to Farm and Fleet yesterday and bought some fly spray for the ponies. However, she forgot the horse cookies.... See all those horses lined up at the gate, patiently waiting for a horse cookie? Well, there was none to be had... I made sure they knew it was Aubrey who forgot, not me... I think they're at least thankful for the fly spray. I'll have to stop and get them some cookies next time I'm out that way.


What do you mean, there's no cookies!?!

Well I hope the rest of the week goes by fast for everyone! I don't have much of anything planned for the weekend, but I'm hoping it's nice so I can get a few good rides in...

2 comments:

Paint Girl said...

Your weather sounds alot like my weather! Nasty!
Love the ponies waiting for treats! That is so cute!
My Aussie's can't wait for the sun too!
I think it is supposed to finally be sunny this weekend, sounds like we might get a trail ride in! Yeah!

Callie said...

Oh cripes, that's what I meant to get, some fly spray! I let my predators loose the other day, but the gnats were really bothering my girls and I didn't have any spray! I don't like leaving masks on them, worry about their eyes getting scratched.