Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Riding Luna








Luna's face is just about healed up, so it's back to work for her. I saddled her up tonight and took her out to the big arena. I realized I really didn't have any riding pictures of her, besides the few from when I had Aubrey climb on and off when we first started her. Riding pictures would probably help sell her... So, I took advantage of Aubrey and her photo taking skills, once again.


Luna is obviously still very green, she doesn't really have steering down yet, but it's getting there. I can't expect to much because I have taken things so slow with her. I don't believe she's had more than 10 or 11 rides. I guess the main reason I don't want to put too much work into her is because I'll probably end up getting too attached to sell her... and that is not an option. I've got to cut costs somewhere... But, I know she will make someone a great horse, she is so level headed.


I've gotten a few emails from people wanting to see photos, but no one has offered to come out and see her in person yet. I am thinking I should probably put an ad up on a horse for sale site instead of Craigslist... Now that I've got a few photos of her being ridden, that's probably what I'll end up doing.

3 comments:

Pony Girl said...

Luna is so pretty. I love that last pic...she looks so strong, nice big round hiney! ;) Bummer you have to sell her, but I understand the need for downsizing. I'm sure she'll find a great home with someone who will finish her into a nice horse!

mkyamse said...

She is lovely. Best of luck find her the right home.

Anne said...

People are buying horses. She'll find the right home. I recently sold a horse using Equine.com. Craig's list didn't bring any legit buyers. I also had some interest from Horseville because I paid to be a featured ad for my state, but ultimately it was Equine.com that worked. Just my experience. I also built a web site (really a blog I set up so it was easy) so I could send people there instead of sending photos and videos. Now that I've sold the horse I've taken down my personal info. but the site is still up, if you're looking for ideas: www.ohiorockshorse.com. Good luck to you. Anne