Sunday, May 10, 2009

For My Mom


Rem, Mom and Luna - taken last summer.


Happy Mother's day, to my mom and all the wonderful mom's out there.

I just wanted to take a little time to say how important my mom is to me. She always put my brother and I before herself when we were growing up. She made sure we had all the things we needed and then some.


As most of you know, I've always been horse crazy, and she did everything she could afford to make sure my need to be around horses was met.


We couldn't always afford lessons, so she worked for me to take them. She mucked out stalls at the boarding stable in exchange for me to take riding lessons. She would also drive me out to my Aunt and Uncle's place on many summer weekends so I could ride their horses. (I also have my Grandma to thank, for driving me out on weeknights when my mom worked).


When I graduated high school, I decided it was time I finally owned my own horse. Although I heard from many people that it was not a good idea to buy a horse when I would be heading to school, I did it anyway. My mom has always supported me in my decisions, even when she doesn't think they're always right. She isn't afraid to give me her opinion, but at the same time she doesn't try to persuade me one way or the other. She always says, I need to do what's right for me, not anybody else.


So, I just wanted to say happy Mother's Day, to my mom. Thanks for raising me to be the woman I am today :-)

2 comments:

Pony Girl said...

Your mom is lovely, great picture of her with Rem and Luna. What a sweet post, isn't it great when parents are so supportive? Especially of our horse habits!!

Paint Girl said...

How sweet!
My mom sounds just like yours! She made alot of sacrifices so my sister and I could have horses. We are so lucky to have such wonderful moms to support us in our horses!