Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Just two more days until Saturday

...And that makes me happy.

Monday morning I went out to feed the horses and found Luna with a big gash on her face. I washed it off and it didn't look too deep, but it is still quite a mark. I have been keeping an eye on it because it's swollen. I gave her some penicillin tonight and hosed it off again, so hopefully by tomorrow some of the swelling will have gone down. If not, I'll have to call the vet. It figures, the day after I put a sale ad up for her she goes and wrecks her face!

Haven't gotten a whole lot of riding in, just about a half hour on Monday night with Remington. I joined Anytime Fitness, and I plan on working out 3 mornings a week and once on the weekend. So far so good. I'll be spending my lesson money on this gym membership though, so I won't get to do as many reining lessons. Probably once a month if I'm lucky. That's alright though, I know if I am in shape I will be a better rider, so it's worth it.

Well I hope the rest of the week goes well for everyone. Summer is just around the corner :-)

3 comments:

Pony Girl said...

Sorry to hear about Luna's face. I hope it is okay. I really need to work out! Now that spring is here, I want to start walking again, at the least. My legs are jello!

Jennifer said...

You did what? Who up for sale? huh? Really?

Hope she heals up soon...

Jessie said...

Thanks Pony Girl, the wound is getting smaller every day, so that's good!

Jennifer, part of the agreement I had with my friend's dad (owns the barn where I keep my horses) was that if I bought Remington, I would sell Luna. Well one year later and I haven't sold her. I don't really want to, but it makes sense. Times are tough and having one less mouth to feed would make a difference! So, she is up for sale to the right home...