Monday, March 23, 2009

Sunday Stuff

Sunday was another gorgeous day. I think it got close to sixty degrees out.

Mustang Pride practice was at 11 a.m. I left early to pick up a few horses and got to Tracy's at about ten to 11. We needed a big space to practice so we went out to one of the back pastures and marked off the size of the coliseum arena. We are working on a drill for the first part of our demo, and it's a lot of work. I came up with a lot of it, but I am not a drill expert, so some areas are a little hard to get and we needed to revise them to make things easier. We spent a lot of time on that, but I think once we have it figured out it will look nice.

After we finished with the practice, Jess and I decided to continue riding. We switched horses for a little bit, and that was fun. I rode Nash around and she took Rem. They were both good for us, but it sure is different to ride someone else's horse when you are used to your own.

We switched back and decided to ride around the pasture... it is HUGE! Once we got down the big hill we let the mustangs stretch their legs and run. It was so much fun! I was calling out the race between Seabiscuit (Remington) and War Admiral (Nash). I think Nash would have beat Remington if he hadn't started bucking at the end of our "race" heh heh. He was just having a good time though!

It was so nice that we didn't want to quit riding, so Tracy, Jess, her mom, Shannon and I all went across the road to a pond to let the horses have fun in the water. I had to stop, get off and take Rem's polos off, and he took that as an invitation to lay down!!! GRRRR.... I made him get up right away. After I took his wraps off we followed everyone into the pond and had fun walking through it. It was almost up to Rem's belly in some spots. I didn't let him put his head down and I kept him moving... there was no way I was going to let him lay down in the WATER!! He didn't try so I was happy.

It was quite a day, and I am so glad that the rainy weather held off until today! Too bad my arena is going to be soggy all week now :-( So much for riding 3 times during the week. Oh well... it was worth a shot, maybe next week things will stay dry.

Here is a picture Aubrey took a few weeks ago of me and my sleepy mare, Riskie, with Chocolate standing guard.

1 comment:

Pony Girl said...

Wow, fun ride! Gallops across pastures and water? I haven't done that since I was a kid. I'm jealous! ;)