Friday, October 3, 2008

Hagmania 2008

I've mentioned before that I'm a member of the Hags on Nags. Every year they have a fun show called "Hagmania" and it is one of my favorite events to go to. It is a blast. I took my mare, Riskie, but I believe next year I'll take Remington. He got the day off this year because it was 2 days after our reining lesson, and I think he was pretty tired. He'd never loped so many circles before!!

So here are some photos from the event!





The barrel race wasn't a typical one. When you went around each barrel you had to take a flower from the bucket, and make sure that each flower you took was the same color!






Egg and spoon is always fun!



Broom Polo! In this event you had to weave through cones while hitting the ball through as well and then head back down to the other end. The time stopped when the ball crossed the finish line.



The twisted Keyhole was tricky. The opening of the keyhole faced the end of the arena so you had to go up and around. You also had to back into the keyhole before turning around and running out!

3 comments:

Tracey said...

What a blast! I've been considering different classes to have at a horse show up here and I think I'm going to have to add some of your's, lol!

Andrea said...

That looks like a lot of fun!

Pony Girl said...

That event looks like so much fun! I did well on the egg & spoon race at our family rodeo this summer.
Riskie is so pretty and muscular, wish My Boy looked like that! He's so out of shape right now!