Sunday, September 28, 2008

Happenings

Been a while, yet again...

I can't believe it's fall already! I've been pretty busy lately. Been riding a lot, but not as much as I should. I got to take a lesson last week with Remington. I really think Rem has potential to be a decent reining horse, and he's as far along as I know how to get him, so I've decided to take reining lessons!

I learned a lot from our first session, and could see improvement in our circles already. I am really looking forward to my next lesson. I will be riding the trainers horse to learn what to look for, and how the maneuvers should feel. I've never really ridden a trained reiner, so this will give me a better idea of what I should be feeling for when I am working with Rem.

Today I went out and rode Rem and then worked with Luna. I figure she'd better start earning her keep. The horse market isn't looking real good, and fall is always a hard time to sell horses (because who wants to feed one all winter long??). Luna might be with me for a while longer so she's going to have to work! I saddled her up and longed her tonight. Domestic horses sure do make it seem easy... She handled everything like a pro. I really do like how very calm she is. I will probably wait a little longer to get on, just because I'm not as thin as I used to be, and she isn't real filled out yet. No sense in putting unnecessary stress on her growing bones if I don't have to.

And of course, I can't post without photos, so here they are...







Chocolate says: Less picture taking, more hay!



Which bucket is best?



Luna wears a saddle


3 comments:

Andrea said...

The horses look good! Luna is a beautiful girl. Blue is a nice color on her.

Jessie said...

Thanks Andrea!

Pony Girl said...

Wow, Luna is going to be one flashy girl under saddle! I love her coloring, so unique!