Sunday, July 6, 2008

Cheveyo Drawing

Well since I haven't worked on my painting in so long, I figured I'd better do something artistic soon, or I'll lose all my talent! When I heard about Cheveyo, I was really upset for Mike and AnnMarie. They did a great job taking care of him and training him, and they did everything they could to save him. I offered to do a painting of Cheveyo for them. I originally planned on an acrylic painting but decided to do a chalk pastel portrait instead. I can get more detail with the chalk, and it's a nice soft medium, quite suitable for Cheveyo's kind nature.

So, here are the first 5 layers. These pastel drawings go much faster than the paintings I do because I don't have to wait for anything to dry!










3 comments:

Mrs Mom said...

Jessie, you have such an amazing talent there!

Beautiful work and I am sure it will be loved, and hung in a place of honor.

Callie said...

Wow, That is nice. You are so talented! And that is a nice thing to do for your friends!

Tracey said...

Jess, you are one talented lady! And what a sweet thing to do for Mike and AnnMarie. They'll absolutely love it.