Tuesday, May 13, 2008

An update on the REAL Remington!

So what has Remington been up to these days? Mostly enjoying the good life. All that time off seems to have gone to his head though. The last few times I've thrown a saddle on, he's decided to throw in a few bucks! Silly horse... but I haven't been working on much of anything with him. Just letting him relax and be a horse. Today I saddled him up for a quick ride, but the outdoor arena was occupied by the mowing crew, so we rode in the indoor.


The mowing crew! Also known as Luna and Riskie! Chocolate and Belle were out as well. They'll have that arena mowed in no time, that is if they'd stop horsing around and get to business...


Remington, standing nicely to be saddled after the previous days discussion on the subject...


Some longeing to get the bucks out, although there were none today.


Boring arena riding... at least that's what Rem thinks of it.



And after all that hard work, Remington makes a good couch! Check out the white spot on his belly, I just noticed it a few weeks ago when his summer hair started coming in. I may have 3 Appaloosas after all :-)

6 comments:

The People History said...

glad all is still going well with you and remington , if only he knew how close he was to going to somebody else I am sure he would not have bucked but he is a horse and just likes to let you know he can still be fiesty

steve

Pony Girl said...

Good to hear what has been up with Rem. Sounds like he is just feeling like a horse again. That is important. Great pics! Love the one of the Mowers playing! ;)

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

I passed an award on to you, Remington, and your blog. Please swing by my site and save it off for yourself.

Jessie said...

Steve, I think you are right. Remington just doesn't know how lucky he is.

Pony girl, you are right! Unfortunately I prefer my horses domesticated and Remington wants to revert!! I won't let him though.

Thanks for the award nuzzling muzzles!

Chris said...

Gotta love those white spots at interesting points on their bodies! We had a yearling colt on the thoroughbred stud I worked at with a large splash across his belly - so cute!

Love the picture of the two in the paddock - wish we had that much grass in our paddocks at the moment!

Abraham Lincoln said...

What a lovely horse he is too and your photography is just great. I enjoyed the post. Nice work.