Monday, May 5, 2008

Layer 4



After being in Arkansas all weekend, visiting family, I finally got a chance to work on my painting tonight. Didn't do much with it, just added to the background and another layer on the body. I'm not real sure what I want to do with the background, but I am leaning towards a very abstract look. Right now it is mostly just using up the left over paint, because I don't like to leave it sitting on my palette, that's very wasteful. May as well throw it on the painting, it adds texture at least.
Anyway, as I was saying, I am leaning towards an abstract background and this artist has inspired the idea...

I really love his work. Click on the link and take a look around his gallery if you are interested. He does great western scenes. "Shooter on a paint" being my personal favorite.

Hopefully I'll be able to paint every night this week, so check back soon!

3 comments:

Pony Girl said...

Wow, Stavrowsky's art IS amazing!! But your painting is equally amazing! I love the idea of the abstract background. It allows Rem to really stand out on his own. I would buy your painting or a print of it, for sure! ;)

Anonymous said...

Looking good Jesse! I agree with you "Shooter on a paint" is my favorite. However, I think this painting of Remington is going to blow that away! Watch out Oleg!!!
Erin

ranchette said...

Wow - your painting looks great already.