Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Another layer and some fun with the Aussies...

Here is layer #5. It's coming along good, but I still can't be sure of when it will be finished. I am hoping to send it down to Texas before May 30th.




The Aussies are learning some basic agility obstacles just for fun. I am not interested in competing with them, but it is great exercise for the boys.



I think Caper mis-judged the size of this jump...



A small teeter-totter for such a big Aussie! Usually all four paws aren't on it at the same time...



The tunnel seems to be Caper's favorite!



Aubrey is taking on the task of teaching Cinch the obstacles.



Here is Chocolate and Aubrey, showing off Cocoa's new trick! Chocolate thinks bowing in the
grass is much more purposeful than bowing in a sand-covered arena!

9 comments:

Callie said...

The painting is coming along nicely. Cute dogs!

Kathy M said...

Glad to see everyone is having fun! The painting looks fantastic already..

We have a play tunnel for our hound dog (Ziggity Do Dog) But we have delayed working with any other obstacles until she had better focus on her handler (me) instead of the 100,000,000 she could see and smell that were more interesting :D

She turned two on Monday and I think she's ready. Like you, it's really just to give her something to think about and do. A bored hound dog can be really creative ;)

Pony Girl said...

My sister's Aussie (3/4 aussie 1/4 border collie) Bailey, looks a lot like your Caper! Bailey is a great dog. He thinks he is mine. ;) My sis and I were just talking about how fun it would be to do some agility courses with him!

OneCowgirl said...

The painting looks GREAT!!!

Shannon said...

Did you buy or make the jumps? it would probably be good for our crazy dogs also. Rein has a blast doing different stuff.

Jessie said...

Thanks everyone!

Shannon, I think Aubrey ordered the jumps, but they wouldn't be hard to make if you have a way to cut pvc pipe!

Tracey said...

Jess, the painting is awesome! Patti's going to be blown away (wonder if she's watching???)

Agility is so good for a dog's mind...I'll bet your boys are loving it.

And yes...I was sticking my fingers in my ears and humming loudly (and off key) when ya'll were talking about the Dirt Club over at Dena's, lol!!!

batman104 said...

Your painting is going great. How much do you charge for creating apainting from a photo.

Jessie said...

Thanks batman,

Prices depend on the size and medium of the drawing/painting.

A painting the same size as the one shown (30 x 40) would be $500, but I do smaller acrylics starting at $150.

My pastel drawings start at $75 for a 9 x 12.

The prices do not include shipping or any sort of presentation, such as a frame.