Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Working Outside

This morning the ground was frozen again, so we got to work in the big arena. Remington seems to enjoy working in a large area. He is much stronger outside though, and it takes more to control him. I am hoping that the ground will be good all week so I can continue our work outside because we can lope in the outdoor arena.

I had Aubrey make up a riding and showmanship pattern for us to work through. Rem didn't know what to think about all that space so before we worked on the pattern we worked on some cantering. He was all over the place! He did get a little better, but at the end of our riding pattern the circle he did was way bigger than what I had in mind. Obviously we don't do straight lines (under saddle or on the ground!) Remington prefers crooked lines :-) The patterns were okay for a greenie, but we have so much to work on and only 2 weeks left!! This has to have been the fastest 100 days of my life! You can see the video and a few photos below.

Also, for those of you attending the Midwest Horse Fair, the Mustang Challenge horses (and the Mustang Pride horses) will be in Barn 1! So, that's probably where I will be spending a lot of time. Also wanted to say that I will be getting video of my patterns each day and will post them each night, so those of you who can't make it to the Horse Fair will be able to follow along on the computer! ( You might have to stay up late though!)










7 comments:

Callie said...

Is he tryin' to be a Halter horse at the end of the video? LOL

Jessie said...

A halter horse that doesn't know how to stand square!! :-)

Tracey said...

Someone's been having fun with photo shop! Those pics are terrific.

Rem is looking nice, Jess. You getting excited?

Dena Plendl said...

Jess - Rem looks great and it looks like he is shedding out nicely for you. I posted a very interesting blog today..... LOL I can't wait to meet you. :o)
Dena

Katee said...

Jess, I can't wait to meet you and Remington in a couple of weeks. Moving from inside to outside or vice versa can be quite difficult, but it looks like you are getting the kinks worked out.

Jessie said...

Thanks Tracey! I am getting more nervous than excited, Midwest is a big event, so it will be something with all those green horses in such a chaotic atmosphere!!

Katee, I am looking forward to meeting you as well! It will be nice to finally put a face to a name :-)

I'm Mikey said...

Hey girl, looking good! I bet you're about to climb out of your skin you're so excited :)
Well, I went and entered Wade's brother in the Extreme Mustang Makeover today :) Yep. He's over at www.diamondlilyhorses.com if you want to check him out (if you have time these days) and I'm keeping fingers crossed he'll get picked. Wooohoo!
I'll be waiting anxiously to hear how it went. Make someone take lots of pics and video!!