Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Turn Out





Today Remington finally got to stretch his legs in the big pasture. The weather has been so bad, and there's been so much snow and ice that I've been too afraid to let him out, but today we went for it. We walked the fence line and I looked for icy patches, and thanks to the warmer weather, the pasture seemed to have pretty good footing. He was a very happy mustang when I took that halter off and let him run!!

Here is a video, after I got some good footage of him running I decided to have a little fun with him. No one was with me to video, so I just set the camera on a fence post. He is such a cool horse and I am having a hard time realizing that I will have to let him go. Anyone want to buy a horse for me?? :-)



Things have been going well this week. Yesterday I took my mare and ponied Remington down the road. I was glad that I ponied instead of riding Rem because cars seem to make him really nervous, so that's something we'll have to work on at home. Aubrey's driveway is about a quarter mile long so I'll have to get her to drive up and down it until Remington becomes more comfortable with those darn vehicles.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys look great together. You could always start a "help Jessie keep Remington fund"!! It he shedding yet??

Katee said...

That is a happy horse! He was just having a total blast out there running around like a goof. I'm glad you two had some play time.

Jessie said...

Thank you! I may have to look into one of those paypal buttons :-) Aubrey wouldn't be too happy with me though. He is starting to shed out, but not as much as my other 2 horses!

Katee, he loves to run and play! I am happy he finally got a chance to do it in an area larger than 36 by 36 !

Tracey said...

Ahhh...he's such a good boy! You're making me cry at the thought of you having to give him up. It's hard not to fall in love with them, isn't it? My grandmother is already concerned about the tears she'll be shedding when it's time for Sandy to move on!

jules said...

Argh, this thing keeps eating my comments! And all I wanted to say was - That is one happy horse. I love the snuggles & follow-me games from 2:39 or so onwards. Sniff. He's such a hunk; I'm more than a little infatuated with that wild boy of yours.

Jessie said...

Tracey, I really think you get back what you put in with these guys, and it's impossible not to form an emotional attachment when you have so much invested. Dang mustangs!

Jules, you know he will be up for auction! You can come to Wisconsin and bid on him :-) I'm sure Rem would love to come live with you!

jules said...

Oh I'd love to! Except I live in Western Australia, in the most isolated capital city in the world, & I don't think the BLM would approve. Hmph. And brumbies just aren't as nice as mustangs - they're mostly lanky scrawny inbred TB derivatives, they don't have that chunky hunkyness of your boy.

Jessie said...

LOL, oh dear! I suppose it just might not work out then. :-)