Sunday, March 2, 2008

Canter video

Tracy Porter was kind enough to invite me to her barn today in order to get some more canter work onto Remington. Once again he did really well in the new environment. I was right in thinking that the canter would come easy once I had the walk and trot down! He is doing great. The video is only his 3rd and 4th time being asked to canter. He picked up the correct lead both times! What's even better though, is that stop of his!! Slap some sliders on and what a cool reining horse he could turn into.


9 comments:

Mikey said...

Beautiful!!! Fantastic job! That's so cool that you got to get together with everyone. That can't be beat.
Good job girl, pat on the back!

nativetxan said...

Hey! Good for y'all! I like his whoa!!! And how about those leads. you go

Jessie said...

Thank you both! I am having so much fun with this competition, but I sure will miss this horse!

Dena Plendl said...

Jessie - You both look really great! And you are right about that stop, very nice and what a natural!
Dena Plendl

jules said...

He looks so much fun! You are both really enjoying yourselves there, it's so cool. And yeah, great stops, such a clever boy.

I'm really enjoying reading - I'm a bit in love with Remington I think!

Katee said...

Ok, that really is a cool stop. I love that first stop so much because he ended up totally square! My mustang stands square naturally, so I tell everyone he dreams of being a halter horse.

Strawberry Lane said...

Great video! You both look happy and that says it all! What a horse! (and rider).

Cory Houtakker said...

congrats on the canter!!!! Keep up the good work!!! Nice stop!!

Jessie said...

Thanks for the comments guys! Your encouragement really does help. :-)