Saturday, February 16, 2008

Waiting for more snow...

Today would have been a great day to trailer Remington over to my friends house. She has a larger indoor arena, but alas, her driveway is too icy for a horse to unload from a trailer.

I have about had it with this winter weather. I am doing my best to just deal with it, but it is so frustrating. I need to start taking Remington to new places and I simply can't. Tomorrow we are expecting another 6 to 12 inches of snow. I want to bang my head against a wall!!! (with my helmet on of course)

Anyway, I took Remington out and rode him outside today. Just in the arena, but I think he enjoyed getting out. Aubrey rode her mustang, Chocolate, as well. We got some pretty neat photos. Chocolate just wanted to put her nose in the snow and plow through it.










And here is this weekend's video. Nothing special though, mostly stuff you've already seen.

5 comments:

nativetxan said...

Hi, I just discovered you here and am enjoying reading about you and Remington. Just a quick comment. In one post you said you were using a feed sack and wondered if that's where the term came from. "Sacking out" a horse. Well, about a hundred yrs ago-lol-well, ok, less but still when I was a little kid(more yrs than I care to mention ;)feed sacks were made not only of burlap, but some were even patterned cottons you could make shirts out of when they were empty! And yep-we sacked the horses out literally with the burlap bags! And now the "ancient one" here will wish you good luck!

Jessie said...

Wow, that is pretty cool to know! Thanks for sharing, and I'm glad you're enjoying my blog!!

Tara said...

Too cool jessie! He looks good! You need to teach my horse to be that well behaved..... ;)

Jessie said...

Thanks Tara! I'm glad you found my blog!

Andrea said...

I LOVE the nose plowing through the snow picture!