Thursday, February 7, 2008

Snow Antics




Oh yes, there was lots and lots of snow, but that doesn't stop this crazy cowgirl from working her mustang! ( Ok, so maybe I can't call myself a cowgirl when I'm wearing sweatpants... but they're much warmer than jeans!)

I'm not sure what the totals were, but with drifting there was some areas up to my mid thigh. Granted, I'm only 5'3", but still! That's more than enough snow.

So, I get the bright idea that I should RIDE in this snow. You know? Like how the Indians would take their horse to a river, get on in the middle and ride, because it's hard to buck in water! Well shouldn't it be hard to buck in knee-deep snow? Not for Remington! Well, we got all the bucking out of his system BEFORE I got on.

He was just being a horse, though. I can't blame him for that! He had been in a stall during the storm, and now I was going to work him, not in the barn, but outside! He didn't know what to think. So he had a grand old time, pulling me around and generally being disrespectful, until he finally realized that it would be much easier just to do what I asked.



After that, he was exceptional. I felt very confident riding him outside and he proved just as easy to control outside, as he is indoors. He did call to the girls a few times, but I don't mind that as long as he can still do what I am asking. Over all my ride in the snow was a success!




Enjoy the video and photos, courtesy of Aubrey!



6 comments:

Cory Houtakker said...

Lookin' Good!! I'm so jealous. I couldn't even get to the barn the last two days because of the snow.

julia said...

I just wanted to let you know that I am really enjoying your blog! I don't know much about mustangs, but it looks like you are doing a great job. He looks like a handful at times!

Good luck!

Jessie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessie said...

Thanks Cory and Julia!

I was a little nervous to post that video because I look so silly and Remington is being a total butt, but I'm sure everyone is having those days.

You just need to work through it and make the best of it. I was happy that I was able to get on and have a nice ride after those shenanigans!

Tracey said...

Lookie all that snow! And here I sit complaining, lol! But hey, your's is softer to land on, right :)

Rising Rainbow said...

Wow, you are lucky. You have someone who takes pictures for your blog while you ride.

Looks like a nice ride in the snow.