Friday, February 29, 2008

I am so ready for the weekend!

It has been a long week. Work hasn't been the greatest, so having Remington to look forward to every night has been a blessing! Aubrey is back, so she took a few videos of the things we've been working on all week.

Remington still doesn't really settle into the bit, but he's getting there... I think this seems to be an issue with a few of my fellow trainers as well. He is getting really good at pivoting to the left, but to the right he steps behind himself instead of crossing over, so that needs more work. Once he really understands where his feet belong, I'd love to get him spinning!

If you've been reading any of the other trainer updates, you'll know what I mean when I say I feel the same way Danee (Rudy) does. In her last post she talked about focusing on the things they haven't accomplished yet instead of looking at all the things they have done. I am doing my best to realize we have done so much in this short amount of time, but at the same time I keep nagging myself about things we haven't done. Hopefully this weekend we can at least start to get some of those things rolling... such as cantering and traveling!!

I hope you enjoy the video... as hard as I am on myself, I am still very proud of Remington!!


1 comment:

Cory Houtakker said...

Lookin' Great!! Have fun at Rebecca Bishops place this weekend!!