Sunday, February 3, 2008

7 things...

There has been a "tag" game going around where if you are tagged you need to tell everyone 7 things they might not know about you. I was tagged by Tracey a while ago and I am just now responding because I am having a hard time thinking of 7 things to tell! I decided they would have to be mostly horsey things, so here goes...

1. As some of you might have noticed, I am NOT a professional horse trainer, I am an artist! I have a full time job working 2nd shift as a production artist, but I am also a fine artist. Here is some of my work...



I do commissions, but I will not have any free time until the end of April.

2. I am an active participant in the Midwest Horse Fair. I have ridden in the Mustang Pride demo and been a volunteer for mounted patrol. This year I will once again ride in the Mustang breed demo on a horse named Walker. He is owned by a friend and trainer who has helped me out a great deal in learning how to train horses.

3. When I was 8 I was bit in the face by a horse and had to have stitches, I still have the scar.

4. My first horseback riding lessons were saddleseat, but these days all I ride is western.

5. One of the reasons I went to the UW-River Falls was because they had an Intercollegiate Horse Showing team. I was on it my freshman year and then became too poor to go to the shows!!

6. Some of you may not know that I will not be bidding on Remington come April 20. As much as I'd like to keep him, I can not afford 3 horses! So... if anyone out there wants a great horse, come bid on Remington!

7. I am now an honorary member of a group called Hags on Nags!

And here's a picture of Remington's 3rd ride! Just ignore my stupid rubber boots...


And here is Chocolate, in desperate need of a bridle path clipping! Chocolate is a BLM Mustang from California. She is owned by my friend, Aubrey. I always tease her that Cocoa is really a burro because of her HUGE ears! She is only 13 hands!



One more photo of some hungry barn cats!!


2 comments:

Cory Houtakker said...

I've been watching your videos,also. Remington is looking GREAT, too. Keep it up!!!

Tracey said...

Great list, Jessie! I love that first painting. You're quite talented!