Sunday, January 13, 2008

Progress and a couple videos...

I got my boyfriend up early this morning and had him come out to film a few things that Remington has learned in his first 4 days of training.

He is still pretty nervous when I first enter the pen, but calms down once I make contact, and calms down even more once I get the halter on. He is getting good at longeing at the walk and the trot, but the area I have is too small for anymore than that. I didn't want to trot him much today as everything froze last night, so the ground is pretty slick. Soon I will be able to lead him into the small indoor, where I can get a lot more done! Remington also picks up both front feet briefly when I apply pressure with the rope, I'll be working on holding them up longer and longer and also moving onto the back feet soon.

Working with his feet is one of the first things I want to accomplish because they desperately need a trim! We were told they would be trimmed before we got them, but his sure weren't...

Here is one of the videos, but the other is taking pretty long to upload, so I'll have to try later...


Thanks for looking!





No comments: