Sunday, January 27, 2008

Pony Pony Pony



This weeks video shows Remington learning how to pony!


This is his second time being ponied and his first time being ponied outside. I think it was day 6 or 7 that I ponied him in the barn a little, but that arena is too small to really teach them much. He was pretty full of himself today, but I pulled him right out of the stall, threw a saddle on and brought him outside, so I can't blame him. It makes for more interesting viewing anyhow!

I am a big fan of ponying, and it's probably one of the things I do most with my own youngsters. I had the help of my 6 year old Appaloosa mare, Riskie. She is a professional pony horse if there is such a thing! She keeps them in line, and will lay her ears back if they get ahead of where they should be.

I am continuing to find things to sack him out with, and several people have come to visit him, so he's getting used to strangers. I mentioned the feed sack in my last post. He was okay with it in my hands, but tied to a stick, it is VERY scary! I was out there last night working him and he probably kicked it off the string about 3 or 4 times... We worked for a good half hour on having it touch him without kicking. I ended on a good note last night and this morning he was much more comfortable with it, but still not 100% sure he cared for it.

No comments: