Friday, January 18, 2008

Stupid worries :-)

I really enjoy reading about everyone's progress with their mustangs but at the same time I begin to doubt my own. I see people with saddles already on their horses and horses that load in the trailer! It's great, but I need to stop comparing myself or I'll rush things and end up going backwards. *sigh* I know everyone works at a different pace and everyone has very individual horses, so I just need to relax and have fun! After all, I've still got 90 days 12 hours 1 minute and 15 seconds until April 18... I have a countdown on my computer... I know, I'm a dork.

So anyway, I'll get Joe into the frigid cold with me tomorrow so he can freeze his fingers off while he takes some video!

2 comments:

Tracey said...

Pardon my giggles...as I sit here with the same worries :) You're doing well, Jessie, so don't worry. There's no such thing as too much ground work. (Listen to me talk, lol!) I do know folks who've done all their work from the ground, though, including lots of ground driving, then been able to saddle up and do a good walk, trot, lope with no problems.

Just get it good and solid, get him in and out of a trailer when he's ready (like you said, no point in going backwards), and haul him places where he can see different sights and hear different sounds. You're doing fine!

Britni said...

I'm really enjoying reading your updates, it helps a lot when I'm working with my horse. I think you're doing a great job with Remington, keep up the good work!